Seite 171 von 188 ErsteErste ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 2.551 bis 2.565 von 2810

Thema: Wrestling News

Interviews mit Alberto Del Rio, Shawn Michaels, Rock, Richie Steamboat

"- Alberto Del Rio wurde kürzlich von Fox News Latino interviewt und sprach über WrestleMania, Sin Cara und seine Demaskierung.

* WrestleMania Titelkampf

It’s incredible. It’s going to be the peak of my career. My family, my entire country is going to be proud of me. As a kid, all I wanted to do was be a wrestler. Now that I’m here in WWE – WrestleMania is our NBA, our Super Bowl, our World Series of professional wrestling. As a wrestler, as a performer, I always dreamed of being in something like that. I’m fulfilling my dreams. It is the reason I left my country, my family and friends behind.

* WWE verpflichtet Sin Cara

I’m just happy this company uses so many Latino talent. There is so much talent out there, from Puerto Rico to Mexico, just to name a few. I hope it continues like that. Because of that, I am here and getting all these opportunities.

* Demaskierung und Wechsel zur WWE

I’m not missing anything from Mexico or my former character. That was a time in my life when I wore the mask in Mexico and Japan and I enjoyed it. I have been to 14 different countries since being here [in WWE]. I can say I’m writing my own story, a bright story, because I am doing incredible things in the most important [wrestling] company in the world. I’m totally happy about my present and about my future.

- Der künftige WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels äußerte sich die Tage beim Wild Talk Radio Network u.a. über die Person, welche die Laudatio über ihn halten wird und Chris Jericho.

* Wer wird ihn in die WWE Hall of Fame aufnehmen?

Its one of things where I find myself debating whether I make it different or do what I want to do or do I make it interesting or do I make it controversial, its hard for me to get out of the performance mode, they keep telling me its about you just enjoy it, its just hard not to feel like people are expecting something. Its hard for me not to think that I have to do something and I have had a tough time narrowing down whether I am just going to enjoy it or make it a performance.

* Wie er auf die Szenen nach dem Match zwischen ihm und Chris Jericho bei WrestleMania 19 kam?

I always likened it to Godfather 2 when Michael Corleone kisses Fredo and says I knew it was you. We thought about numermous different things and I said how about nothing works better than a swift kick to the nuts.

* Arbeit mit Chris Jericho

One of the sheer joys he and I had, we both love sitting around with each other and coming up with things to make things just a little better and really get in to the creative process.

- Der elektrifizierndste Mann im gesamten Entertainment, The Rock, wurde in diser Woche von Entertainment Weekly interviewt und sprach über seine Rückkehr zur WWE.

* Warum er zurückkehrte?

This opportunity came along and it felt right and I felt we could do something that’s never been done. They’ve never had a host at Wrestlemania. And as a performer, the adrenaline rush and excitement to host 75-80,000 people, in the Georgia Dome? S—! There’s nothing like it.

* Abend der Rückkehr

When my music hit, going out…. It was f—ing incredible. That night was the greatest Raw moment I’ve ever experienced. And that’s saying a lot. I’ve had the privilege of working with a lot of icons in the WWE. The goosebumps never left my body during that monologue.

* Pläne nach WrestleMania 27

It’s all up in the air. It depends on what makes sense to the audience. You always think audience first. Much like this return to wrestling, I’m always looking forward to do big and better....After Wrestlemania, you’ll see what I’m talking about… Coming back into the business, I wanted to partner up with Vince [McMahon] and create something special that’s never been done that’s big on a global scale. And hosting Wrestlemania answered that. In addition to that, it’s not only hosting. It’s evolved into me whopping somebody’s ass. I’m looking to do something big and special with Vince after Wrestlemania.

- Der Sohn des WWE Hall of Famers Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, WWE-Entwicklungs-Wrestler Richie Steamboat war mit den Machern des Miami Herald im Gespräch und sprach über Florida Championship Wrestling, die Söhne anderer Wrestler und Reid Flair.

* Training bei der FCW

This is the best facility in the world. We’ve got some of the best trainers in the world, Dr. Tom Prichard, Norman Smiley, Joey Mercury, my father Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes. They’re open to all of us, seven days a week. It’s great. You can come in here with any questions, any concerns about moves, anything at all. They’re open and honest, and they’re here to help. It’s a very, very good establishment.

* Aufwachsen mit anderer Wrestler Söhne

Growing up I knew the Usos [Rikishi Fatus Söhne] and Brett DiBiase ["Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiases Sohn] and Joe Hennig ["Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennigs Sohn]. A lot of those guys I would see them around the buildings at shows, and we would try touch the forklifts and get into trouble like that, being kids.

* Ringer-Fehde gegen Reid Flair

We would travel to about 80 percent of the same wrestling tournaments, and there would be an occasion where I would look across the mat, and I would see Reid and his father, Ric, standing there, and I would be competing against him. It was always a very friendly rivalry. The fathers had a little bit more of a rivalry than we did, but I’ll tell you this; Reid never beat me.

Quelle: Rajah.com"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Interviews mit Alberto Del Rio, Shawn Michaels, Rock, Richie Steamboat

Candice Michelle, Randy Orton & Shane Douglas im Interview

"- Die frühere WWE-Damenchampionesse und Playboy-Covermodel Candice Michelle war in der vergangenen Woche zu Gast bei Monday Night Mayhem und sprach dort u.a. über den Wandel vom WWE-Leben zur Mutterschaft, Snooki und TNA.

* Wandel vom WWE-Leben zur Mutterschaft

For me, it's been an awesome transition. I think it's because I loved my time at the WWE. I loved the people I worked with, and I felt blessed there. And then when my released happened, I think it came at a perfect time in my life. I don't think I was quite ready to say 'I'm done,' but when they released me, I realized that my life had a new venture. And then when motherhood came along, it was the best thing in the world. Her smile warms my heart everyday, so it's been an awesome transition, and I feel very blessed in life.

* Nimmt Snooki den WWE-Diven einen Platz bei WrestleMania weg?

The WWE is smart for putting her in WrestleMania because of the advertising it will bring. However, if I was a WWE Diva currently in the locker room, I'd be pissed off. You're busting your ass every night, you're going overseas, and traveling, and driving, and someone just comes in that has never wrestled a day in their life and has your spot? That's sh*tty. My advice to them is be who you are, do the best you can, and get noticed. Snooki is noticed for what, being a drunk on a TV show being wild & crazy? Do I respect her? Yes. Does she deserve that spot? No.

* Wrestling-Karriere beendet? Angebot von TNA?

When I first left WWE and my non-compete clause was coming to an end, there was a mention that there was an interest in that door to be opened. For me, I was on the biggest stage that there was, and it felt like it was just a time in my life to close that chapter. I think TNA is great, and I sometimes prefer to watch TNA. My friends are there. I think the product is awesome. I love what they do with the girls division over there. It's different. I feel like I've been watching the same thing over & over sometimes with the storylines getting redundant on WWE. I've always said 'never say never,' but in reality, I think that chapter is closed for me.

- Der 3rd-Generation-Superstar und ehemalige Weltmeister Randy Orton wurde kürzlich von ESPN interviewt, um das WWE-All-Star-Videospiel zu bewerben.

* Match bei WrestleMania 27 mit CM Punk

I think really the character that Punk has become and the promo that he's able to cut about having faith and being the leader of the New Nexus and taking advantage of his followers and the way he preaches and talks down to the fans, all of that is Heel 101. That's the stuff that makes fans not like you.

* Will er die "Show stehlen" bei WM 27?

There is a lot of star power. Then there is the Triple H vs. Undertaker match with the 18-match streak on the line. There are a lot of things that are intriguing about WrestleMania 27, but I'm hoping when everything is over, people are talking about Randy Orton's victory over C.M. Punk and the battle that we had.

* Undertaker vs. Triple H bei WM 27

I hate to say the obvious, but I think Triple H vs. The Undertaker is going to be very interesting. The only thing that they don't have going for them is the amount of time both guys have been outside of the ring the last year.
    But if there's anyone who has been around and knows what they're doing, nobody knows better than The Undertaker. And I think no matter what happens, this is going to be one of the most anticipated matches on the pay-per-view.

* The Rocks Rückkehr zur WWE und die Konfrontation mit John Cena beim kommenden RAW

I know them both and I know Cena a lot better than I know The Rock, obviously, but I've been in the ring with both cutting promos and wrestling. I have to say, though, talking about the whole ring rust thing, John Cena has had about 2,000 matches in the last seven years. The Rock? A big, fat zero. So when it comes to ring rust, I don't care what type of athlete you are, and The Rock is obviously an athletic dude, but Cena has been in the ring. He's been at every show and in every show and making appearances and he has been on the road with the WWE over 300 days a year for the last seven years. The Rock? Virtually nonexistent.
    You see the interviews that The Rock does and he says that he doesn't want to be known as a wrestler. He doesn't want to be known as a sports entertainer or a performer with WWE or a WWE superstar. He wants to be known as an actor. Now all of a sudden he's back in our world telling the fans what they want to hear. He's telling them, "I promise that I will never go away again. I promise that I'm back for good and that I'm here to stay." He said that, what, six or seven weeks ago? Have we even seen him live since then? No. Via satellite. I think Cena will own The Rock. I think Cena is wittier and can go off the cuff. Cena writes his own stuff, while The Rock has stuff written for him.
    It just all comes down to who you are in the ring and what kind of performer you are in the ring, and I think Cena is 10 times the performer in the ring that The Rock is. This Monday in Chicago, he'll prove it.

- Der Franchise der Original-ECW und mehrfacher Weltmeister der Promotion Shane Douglas sprach auf Wrestling News Source u.a. über Ric Flair, Vince McMahon und Jeff Hardy. Zudem erinnert er an Sir Oliver Humperdink und seine beiden verstorbenen Freunde Chris Candido und Bam Bam Bigelow.

* Ric Flair trübt sein eigenes Vermächtnis

I think Ric Flair has been tarnishing his legacy since 1990 [...] he has done more to tarnish his career then anything I could have said or did, then anybody could have said or did.

* Verantwortlichkeit des Vince McMahon

Vince McMahon should get pressed a little more about this question as opposed to whatever his daughter, son or wife is running for, he needs to be held accountable for the industry he has monopolized and controlled for over twenty years.

* Jeff Hardys derzeitige Situation

It is not for me to say publicly about his personal life but I will say this I am worried about him, I have seen far too many names walk the path he is walking and end up at the end of an obituary as opposed to the top of the pile [...] Objectionable at best, disgusting at worst that an entity like TNA would allow what appears to be by all accounts a train wreck and utilise it just because they can make some money of it, that to me is the real travesty and that to me is the real question people should be asking - Why aren't the powers at TNA holding him accountable?

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Candice Michelle, Randy Orton & Shane Douglas im Interview

Letzter Teil der Hall of Fame verkündet

"Bei Monday Night Raw wurde der letzte Name für die Hall of Fame verkündet. Vielmehr handelt es sich hier sogar um zwei Personen. Road Warrior Animal und sein 2003 verstorbener Tag Team Partner Hawk werden in die diesjährige Hall of Fame aufgenommen.

Update: Auch Paul Ellering wird in die Hall of Fame aufgenommen, dies berichtet zumindest der PWInsider.

Quellen: Gerweck.net, PWInsider"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Letzter Teil der Hall of Fame verkündet

Update zu WrestleMania XXVII: neuntes und letztes Match auf der Card

"Bei Monday Night Raw wurde nun das neunte - und wahrscheinlich zugleich letzte - Match für die Veranstaltung verkündet. In diesem treffen Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov & Santino Marella auf The Corre, bestehend aus Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater & Ezekiel Jackson. Damit sieht die Card nun so aus:

WWE WrestleMania XXVII
    Atlanta, Georgia

WWE Championship
    The Miz (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
    Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

WWE United States Championship
    Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

No Holda Barred Match
    The Undertaker vs. Triple H

Singles Match
    Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Special Referee: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (w/ Jack Swagger)

Singles Match
    Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Six Person Tag Match
    Trish Stratus, Snooki & John Morrison vs. Team Lay-Cool (Michelle McCool & Layla) & Dolph Ziggler

Eight Man Tag Match
    Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov & Santino Marella vs. The Corre (Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater & Ezekiel Jackson)

Quelle: PWInsider"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Update zu WrestleMania XXVII: neuntes und letztes Match auf der Card

Jim Ross über WrestleMania-Nichtteilnehmer, Chyna & WWE All Stars

"* WrestleMania-Nichtteilnehmer

Wrestlemania is a complex time for many talents. Some fret about either not being on the card or being thrown a bone to simply make an appearance ala a battle royal, etc. That's never been my personal philosophy. Being booked on Wrestlemania is an earned honor, a privilege, and not a performer's right.
    Then there are those who are booked and who are not in what one would perceive as 'high profile bouts.' My suggest is to go out, maximize ones minutes, and do everything possible to turn heads and steal a small aspect of the show.

* Chyna in die WWE Hall of Fame?

So Trish Stratus endorsed Chyna for the WWE HOF. That's Trish's opinion. I'm sure Chyna's name might come up some day. My thoughts on that matter is and will always remain that I felt it was wrong for Chyna to wrestle men on a regular basis and that her being the Intercontinental Champion was bad positioning. Does that mean that Chyna isn't WWE HOF worthy? That's not for me to speculate on as I am not in the decision making process of the WWE HOF.

* WWE All Stars

WWE All Stars is released next Tuesday March 29 and is going to hopefully be a big hit. For those of us that have spent many hours working on the project, we have a vested interest in this over the top, Arcade game that allows the player to book the greatest matches that never happened. Plus, I had a blast reuniting with the King again.

Quelle: JRsBarBQ.com"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Jim Ross über WrestleMania-Nichtteilnehmer, Chyna & WWE All Stars

Scott Hall wird "Hall of Fame"-Zeremonie fernbleiben

"Einer der besten Freunde von Shawn Michaels, der ehemalige AWA-, TNA-, WCW- und WWE-Superstar Scott Hall, gab in einem Interview mit Wrestling News Live bekannt, dass er aufgrund seiner unrühmlichen Vergangenheit mit Alkohol und Drogen, den Feierlichkeiten am WrestleMania-Wochenende lieber fernbleiben wird, um nicht in Versuchung zu geraten. Eine Entscheidung die man ihm hoch anrechnen sollte.

I want to announce right now that I wanted to be in Atlanta to see Shawn [Michaels] get inducted into the hall of fame but I had to change my mind because I’m not strong enough to be in that situation right now. All I wanted to be was around all my old buddies in Atlanta where we were over like rover with the NWO stuff, such a fun city… but being with the boys is such a heavy trigger for me to party like that. I’m not ready for that atmosphere, I’m just going to sit at home and watch it on Pay Per View.

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Scott Hall wird "Hall of Fame"-Zeremonie fernbleiben

Animal & Hawk (w/ Paul Ellering) - Krieger der Straße

"Als sich die Wege von Paul Ellering, Mike Hegstrand und Joe Laurinaitis zu Beginn des Jahres 1983 kreuzten, sollte eines der dominantesten und erfolgreichsten Tag Teams des 20. Jahrhundert entstehen.

Der 1953 in Melrose, Minnesota, geborene Paul Ellering verdiente sich zunächst als Gewichtheber bevor er ins Wrestling-Geschäft einstieg. In seiner Heimat trainierte er Mitte der 1970er Jahre unter Eddie Sharkey sowie Verne Gagne und agierte ab 1978 als Singles- und Tag-Team-Wrestler in dessen American Wrestling Association (AWA), Bill Watts Mid-South-Promotion sowie Jerry Jarretts Memphis-Territorium, wo er von Jimmy Hart zum Ring begleitet wurde. Fehden gegen Jesse Ventura als Face sowie gegen Jerry Lawler und Jimmy Valiant als Heel sollten ihm größere Bekanntheit bescheren. Bei Georgia Championship Wrestling (GCW) sollte Anfang der 1980er Jahre seine aktive In-Ring-Karriere aufgrund einer schweren Knieverletzung, welche er sich in einem Match gegen Robert Gibson zuzog, zu einem Ende kommen. Fortan konnte er aufgrund seiner Fähigkeiten am Mikrofon als Manager für die Promotion agieren.

Michael Hegstrand, geboren 1957 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, schloss 1976 die High School ab und war aufgrund seines Körperbaus als Türsteher in seiner Heimat beschäftigt. Einen ähnlichen Weg nahm der 1960 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, geborene und in Minnesota aufgewachsene Joseph Laurinaitis, der schon früh hart für seinen Lebensunterhalt arbeiten musste. Zusammen mit Hegstrand arbeitete er als Türsteher und beide erregten bald die Aufmerksamkeit Eddie Sharkeys, welcher sie Anfang der 1980er Jahre unter seine Fittiche nahm.

Als "Road Warrior" debütierte Laurinaitis Ende 1982 bei GCW. Wenige Wochen später steckte man Hegstrand und Laurinaitis in Paul Ellerings Stable "Legion of Doom", welchem zudem noch Jake Roberts, The Spoiler, Matt Borne, King Kong Bundy, Arn Anderson, The Iron Sheik und der Original Sheik angehörten. Als Animal (Laurinaitis) und Hawk (Hegstrand) formierten beide fortan die "Road Warriors". Zunächst als Biker-Gimmick gestartet, änderten die beiden jedoch bald ihr Auftreten und rasierten sich die Köpfe und trugen Irokesenschnitt, Nieten-Hundehalsbänder, stachelige Schulterpolster sowie Gesichtsbemalung.

In Georgia marschierte das Team mit ihrem Manager Paul Ellering schnell an die Spitze der Promotion und konnte in relativ kurzer Zeit die NWA National Tag Team Championship erringen. Bereits 1984 zogen die Road Warriors mit Ellering nach Minneapolis zur AWA, wo sie noch im selben Jahr The Crusher und Baron Von Raschke um die AWA World Tag Team Championship schlagen konnten. Starteten sie zunächst als Heels, wurden sie aufgrund ihrer Squash-Matches bald von den Fans bejubelt. Nennenswert sei hier ihre Fehde gegen die Fabulous Freebirds in der AWA sowie gegen die Russians um die NWA World Tag Team Championship.

Animal und Hawk verloren die AWA-Titelgürtel ein Jahr später an Jimmy Garvin und "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal aufgrund des Eingreifens der Freebirds. Während dieser Zeit tourten die Road Warriors auch unter dem Banner von All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW) im Land der untergehenden Sonne, wo sie kurzerhand zu Superstars aufstiegen und heute noch als Legenden angesehen sind. Auch in den Territorien der National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) und bei World Championship Wrestling (WCW), überzeugten sie in Fehden gegen Ivan und Nikita Koloff sowie den Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton und Dennis Condrey bzw. Stan Lane). 1987 nahmen sie es an der Seite von Dusty Rhodes und Nikita Koloff mit den Four Horsemen auf. Mit der NWA Six-Man Tag Team Championship konnten die Warriors zu dieser Zeit zusammen mit Dusty Rhodes einen weiteren Titel ihr eigen nennen. Die stark gehypte Fehde gegen die Powers of Pain, Barbarian und Warlord, fand leider ein frühes Ende, nachdem die beiden die NWA in Richtung World Wrestling Federation (WWF) verließen.

Nach einem Heel-Turn im Jahre 1988, bei dem sie sich die NWA World Tag Team Championship vom Midnight Express sichern konnten, stellten sich die Warriors und Ellering gegen Dusty Rhodes, welcher aufgrund exzessiv-dargestellter Gewalt in einer TV-Show als Booker entlassen wurde, und wählten AJPW-Superstar Genichiro Tenryu als ihren dritten Mann für die Six-Man-Tag-Team-Gürtel. Jedoch hielten die Fans dem Team weiterhin die Treue und so traten sie alsbald wieder als Face in Erscheinung. Aufgrund eines Fast-Counts von Teddy Long mussten sie die Tag-Team-Weltmeisterschaft an den Varsity Club, Mike Rotunda und Steve Williams, 1989 abgeben. Es folgten Rivalitäten gegen das Samoan Swat Team, Fatu und Samu, sowie die Skyscrapers, Sid Vicious, Dan Spivey, Mark "Undertaker" Callous und "Masked Skyscraper" Mike Enos.

Reibereien mit WCW-Chef Jim Herd führten zum Ausscheiden der Road Warriors aus der Promotion in Atlanta. So nahm Vince McMahon die beiden unter Vertrag und steckte die Legion of Doom, wie das Tag Team nun hieß, gleich in eine Fehde gegen Demolition, Ax, Crush und Smash, welche zunächst als Road-Warriors-Ripoff einige Jahre vorher debütierten. Der Fokus von Animal und Hawk fiel aber bald auf die World Tag Team Championship, gehalten von den Nasty Boys, Brian Knobbs und Jerry Sags, welche sie beim SummerSlam 1991 schlagen konnten. Im Folgejahr verlor man das Gold an Money Inc., Mike "I.R.S." Rotunda und Ted Dibiase.

Nach einer kurzen Pause kehrte die LOD mit Paul Ellering zurück. Man gab dem Trio eine Bauchrednerpuppe namens "Rocco" als "Inspiration" an ihre Seite. Glücklicherweise war diese Episode nur von kurzer Dauer, führte jedoch dazu, dass Mike Hegstrand nach dem SummerSlam 1992 die WWF verließ, um bei New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) als "Hawk Warrior" mit "Power Warrior" Kensuke Sasaki für die nächsten drei Jahre die Hell Raisers zu bilden. Zudem kämpfte er auch in Otto Wanz Catch Wrestling Association (CWA) um dort den Schwergewichtstitel zu gewinnen, bei NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling, dem Vorläufer von Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), sowie für einige Auftritte in der WCW in den Jahren 1993 und 1995.

Joe Laurinaitis blieb nach Hawks Ausscheiden vorerst in der WWF und absolvierte mit Crush an seiner Seite einige Matches bis ihn eine schwere Rückenverletzung, welche er in einem Handicap Match gegen die Beverly Brothers (aka Mike Enos und Wayne Bloom) erlitt, für einige Jahre außer Gefecht setzte. 1996 kam es zum Comeback von Animal, welcher sich in Japan Hegstrand und Sasaki anschloss um die Road Warriors zu revitalisieren. Zudem starteten Animal und Hawk zur gleichen Zeit bei der WCW und fehdeten gegen Rick und Scott Steiner, Harlem Heat, Booker T und Stevie Ray, sowie die WCW World Tag Team Champions Lex Luger und Sting. Ein Titelgewinn war ihnen während ihres kurzen Aufenthalts in der Turner-Promotion aufgrund eines Vertragsdisputs mit Eric Bischoff jedoch nicht vergönnt.

So arrangierte man sich kurzerhand erneut mit Vince McMahon und kehrte als Legion of Doom im Jahre 1997 zur WWF zurück. Dort waren sie in Fehden mit der Hart Foundation um Bret Hart, sowie Henry und Phineas Godwin, welche man die Tag Team Titel abnehmen konnte, und den New Age Outlaws, Billy Gunn und Road Dogg, an welche man die Titel wieder verlor, verwickelt. Ein Jahr später kehrten Animal und Hawk als "Legion of Doom 2000" nach einer kurzen Pause bei WrestleMania XIV mit Tammy "Sunny" Sytch an ihrer Seite zurück. Wenig später ersetzte Darren Drozdov als Puke bzw. Droz die attraktive Managerin. Paul Ellering kehrte zu dieser Zeit ebenso in die WWF zurück und verbündete sich mit den Disciples of Apocalypse (aka Don und Ron Harris), welche in einer Fehde mit der LOD 2000 steckten.

Erstmalig wurde auch ein Split der Warriors angedeutet und die Alkohol- und Drogenprobleme Hawks vor laufenden Kameras thematisiert, was in einem gefakten Selbstmordversuch Hegstrands gipfelte, als er versuchte vom TitanTron zu springen. Diese Storyline wurde allerdings schnell beendet und beide verblieben relativ unspektakulär noch bis zum Frühjahr 1999 in der WWF. Die Road Warriors tingelten fortan durch diverse Independent Promotions. Mike Hegstrand musste sich weiterhin mit seinen "Dämonen" auseinanderzusetzen und erhielt 2001 die Diagnose Kardiomyopathie (Erkrankung des Herzmuskels), die ihm vom aktiven Geschehen für eine geraume Zeit fernhielt. Animal bekam im selben Jahr ein Angebot der WCW und trat dort als "Enforcer" für das Stable Magnificent Seven um WCW World Champion Scott Steiner auf. Jedoch stand das Ende der Liga bevor und die WWF hatte für Joe Laurinaitis zu diesem Zeitpunkt keine Verwendung.

Nach einigen Jahren in den Niederungen der unabhängigen Szene der Vereinigten Staaten, konnte Mike Hegstrand 2003 seinen Kampf gegen die Abhängigkeiten gewinnen und wurde wie Joe Laurinaitis ein wiedergeborener Christ. Auftritte für NWA Total Nonstop Action (TNA) folgten, bei denen sie in die Fehde gegen Vince Russos Stable Sports Entertainment Xtreme involviert waren. Auch die WWE wurde auf die Road Warriors aufmerksam und erlaubte beiden ein Titelmatch gegen Kane und Rob Van Dam bei RAW in ihrem letzten gemeinsamen TV-Auftritt. Michael Hegstrand verstarb am 19. Oktober 2003 im Alter von 46 Jahren an den Folgen des jahrelangen Alkohol- und Drogenmissbrauchs an einem Herzinfarkt.

Animal bekam 2005 erneut einen Vertrag bei der WWE, wo er zusammen mit Heidenreich als "Legion of Doom 2005" die WWE Tag Team Championship von MNM, Joey Mercury und Johnny Nitro, erringen konnte. Beiden wurde später Christy Hemme zur Seite gestellt, welche jedoch den Titelverlust an die vormaligen Champions nicht abwenden konnte. Nachdem Heidenreich entlassen wurde, trat Animal mit seinem ursprünglichen Biker-Gimmick für einige Monate als Road Warrior an. 2007 erfolgte ein kurzer Auftritt bei TNA Slammiversary, als er Scott Steiner an der Seite seines Bruders in einem Match gegen Team 3D, Brother Ray und Brother Devon, ersetzte.

Seit dieser Zeit tritt "Animal Warrior" Joe Laurinaitis auch regelmäßig für AJPW, um mit "Power Warrior" Kensuke Sasaki das Tag Team "Hell Warriors" zu bilden. Beide halten auf diesem Wege das Vermächtnis, dass Mike "Hawk" Hegstrand hinterlassen hat, und den Geist der Road Warriors für die heutige Generation lebendig.

Quelle: Wikipedia.org"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Animal & Hawk (w/ Paul Ellering) - Krieger der Straße

Finlay entlassen!

"Wie mehrere Quellen übereinstimmend berichten wurde Dave Finlay am Wochenende von der WWE entlassen.

Der ehemalige United States Champion und bis vor kurzem Producer wurde ein Angle bei einer Houseshow zum Verhängnis. Während die Nationalhymne gespielt wurde unterbrach The Miz diese, um Heat zu ziehen. Diese Idee kam von Finlay, da dies eine sehr einfache Form ist, um Leute gegen sich aufzubringen.

Leider hat er eben auch die falschen Leute gegen sich aufgebracht. So waren mehrere Soldaten anwesend, die sich prompt bei der WWE darüber beschwerten, dass die Nationalhymne nicht für derartige Angles missbraucht werden sollte. Da es sich bei National Guard um einen Hauptsponsor der WWE handelt, musste Finlay seinen Job nehmen.

Außer diesem Vorfall gab es eigentlich nur gutes über Finlay zu vermelden. So konnte er bspw. vor einigen Jahren die WWE Divas Division neu aufstellen und ihnen einen Push bereiten, der bis heute seinesgleichen sucht. Bis vor einigen Jahren war er auch selbst noch in den Shows zu sehen, als er bei Smackdown in einer Micard-Rolle auftrat. Danach übernahm er die Rolle des Producers, die ihm nun Verhängnis wurde.

Quelle: WrestlingINC"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Finlay entlassen!

Kevin Nash und Cody Rhodes im Gespräch

"- "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash sprach kürzlich auf Creative Loafing Atlanta um das WrestleMania-Wochenende zu promoten.

* derzeitige Rolle in der WWE

For me, right now at almost 52 years old, I really don't want to be bouncing around too much. I'm blessed that I can get around as well as I can after being beat up for so many years. But I'd still like to do anything I can do to help the young guys and help the federation move forward. So we're going to sit down over 'Mania weekend and the weeks after that, look at some options, and see what works for them and what works for myself and move forward.

* Wird er Teil des WrestleMania-Wochenende sein?

I haven't been told anything, but like any good pro wrestler, I'll definitely pack my gear because you never know when somebody's going to go down and they need a body. So I'll make sure I have my gear on me in case I am needed. But I will be signing at the fan Axxess for them under my Legends contract. It'll be nice to get back down there, and WrestleMania's always special. It's the Super Bowl of wrestling, and it's nice to be part of the whole weekend. And to do our own little thing to kick it off is something that's special to me because I've never tried to do anything like this before and it's gotten a good response.
    Atlanta's a sweet town. Great food, great nightlife, good people, so it will be good to spend a couple of days in Atlanta going to my old gyms and hanging out in my old stomping grounds.

* Wechsel von TNA zu WWE

I was with TNA for the better part of four or five years. I'd walk through the airport and people'd come up and ask for my autograph and ask if I was ever going to wrestle again. I'd be like, "I have been for the past five years." There's that much drop-off between WWE and TNA. Then coming back at the Rumble and running out in front of 20,000 people — well, walking out in my case — it was special. The reaction was nice and it's nice to be back. To me, it was the right move. Everything goes full circle and I became a money player with WWE, and I'd like to finish my career with them.

- Second Generation Superstar "Dashing" Cody Rhodes war ebenso bei Creative Loafing Atlanta als Interviewgast und hypte sein kommendes Match gegen Rey Mysterio, Jr. bei WrestleMania

* Kampf gegen Rey Mysterio bei WrestleMania

I haven't had the opportunity to say this much, but I'm only 25, so at the time that Rey Mysterio was in World Championship Wrestling having these marathon excellent matches with Dean Malenko, I was a kid sitting on the floor watching. There's a time to be a fan and a time to be a professional, and I've tried to remain professional as we move forward. But if I sit back and think about it, regardless of any personal feelings I may have about it, it's a real privilege to be in there with Rey Mysterio. He's one of the staples of the WWE and a staple of WrestleMania.

* Wird sein Vater Dusty Rhodes in seiner Ecke stehen?

I hope that he will mentally be in my corner, but my dad likes the young talent to shine. It was really nice to have him in Sacramento when he came out on "SmackDown," but he's stayed out of things moving forward, and I think that's the way he wants it. He might be in the front row, he might be backstage, but he will probably be there in spirit.
    There's sort of an underlying thing at WrestleMania this year that not a lot of people are talking about. You're seeing a lot of veteran superstars, Rey Mysterio included, a lot of WWE greats, most of whom are going to be Hall of Famers themselves, against new talent. It's a younger crop of talent when you look at the Miz vs. John Cena, Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge and myself vs. Rey Mysterio. So, my dad is respecting that night as well. It might be a changing of the guard at WrestleMania XXVII and that would be a really special thing.

* Pläne zur Demaskierung Mysterios

Thank you for asking a question that has not been asked of me as I've done multiple interviews heading toward WrestleMania. I'm going on record and making a Muhammad Ali-style guarantee that, yeah, I am going to take his mask off at WrestleMania. I genuinely am going to remove his mask. I am making that known now. It is an unbreakable vow for me and I will follow through with that.

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Kevin Nash und Cody Rhodes im Gespräch

Schlagabtausch zwischen Steve Austin und CM Punk

"Einen Schlagabtausch der verbalen Art via Twitter lieferten sich am gestrigen Tage der WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin sowie "Straight Edge Superstar" CM Punk. Stein des Anstoßes war Paul Heyman, welcher auf seiner Website Heyman Hustle die Match-Paarung Austin-Punk für das "WWE All Stars"-Videospiel veröffentlichte.

CM Punk äußerte sich auf Twitter dazu folgendermaßen.

I like how THQ acts like they don't know what would happen if @steveaustinBSR and I were to lock horns. Everybody knows. SXE > Beer. [...] GTS > stunner.

Steve Austin ließ mit einer Antwort nicht lange auf sich warten und konterte wie folgt.

@CMPunk alright Punk...you just crossed the line...i'll be seeing your ass in Atlanta. [...] @CMPunk Alright son...I'm about to get off this treadmill and RUN to Atlanta..bringing some extra cans of Whoop Ass!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! [...] @CMPunk What are you doing son, asking for advice/lessons etc.? I'll give your pierced lipped ass a couple lessons when I see you. Out.

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Schlagabtausch zwischen Steve Austin und CM Punk

Jim Ross über WresteMania XXVII

"* seine Rolle bei WrestleMania

I have no 'assignment' for Sunday but I'm channeling Ricky Vaughn, Charlie Sheen's character in the film 'Major League,' and assuming the role of the relief pitcher while standing by in the bullpen and ready to 'throw the heater, Ricky' if needed.

* Wird The Rock körperlich involviert sein?

Someone asked me if I thought @TheRock was going to get physically involved Sunday on PPV in the Miz vs. Cena WWE Title Bout. Facetiously, I answered "Oh, no Rock's going to turn the other cheek and let bygones be bygones." If Rock doesn't get physical Sunday in some shape, form or fashion I will allow burnt orange to be displayed in our home.

* Welches Match beendet die Show?

What match will close the show Sunday? Whether it is The Streak or the WWE Title the WWE seems to be destined to be 'damned if they do and damned if they don't' with this one. I'd be a Streak lean but closing the show with the WWE Title, Rock, etc would work for me as well.

* Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler

People have asked me for a prediction on the Lawler vs Cole match. Really. Really? Lawler wins in a 'quicker than a hiccup' bout and King won't need Stone Cold to get it done. The thought of having to broadcast a Cole victory would be more annoying than an irritable bowel. Thank goodness that chore or possibility thereof will be left up to others or so it seems.

Quelle: JRsBarBQ.com"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Jim Ross über WresteMania XXVII

Mexico-Star Sin Cara vor Debüt

"Seit einigen Wochen bekommen die Zuschauer von Raw und Smackdown nun bereits Videoclips zur Neuentdeckung der WWE, Sin Cara, zu sehen. Ähnlich, wie bei Alberto Del Rio wird das Debüt langsam aufgebaut, um eine große Wirkung daraus zu bekommen.

Nächste Woche scheint es aber so zu sein, dass Sin Cara debütieren wird. Dies berichtet zumindest der PWInsider.

Sin Cara wird, so wie es aktuell aussieht, bei Raw debütieren.

Quelle: PWInsider"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Mexico-Star Sin Cara vor Debüt

Gerät Michael Cole außer Kontrolle?

"Die Frage in unserem Newstitel stellt sich derzeit der fast komplette Locker Room der WWE. Aus Backstagekreisen geht hervor, dass sich Cole scheinbar in seine Fernsehrolle verwandelt hat und auch Backstage den großen Namen raushängen lässt.

Auf die Frage ob Cole derzeit viel Heat bekommt, kam von einem Mitarbeiter die folgende Antwort zurück: "Is Cole getting a big head? HELL YES. Ever since he was reading the GM e-mails he started begging to become GM and walks around like his s--t doesn't stink. He has an opinion on everything."

Des weiteren kam es bereits vor, dass Cole ein Script abgelehnt haben soll, da er für seinen Kommentar keine Anweisungen brauche. Auch shootete er am vergangenen Wochenende über Josh Matthews, dass dieser ein "Faggot" (englisch für Schwuchtel) sei, wofür er sich später aber wieder entschuldigte.

Die Quelle berichtet weiter, dass ein solcher Ausrutscher bei Vince McMahon eigentlich ein Grund für eine Entlassung sei. Allerdings hat man zur Zeit zu viel in die Storyline zwischen Coel und Jerry Lawler investiert, weshalb eine Entlassung wohl erst nach WrestleMania in Betracht gezogen werden könnte.

Quelle: WrestlingINC"

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de

Interviews mit RVD, Trish Stratus & Jerry Lawler

"- TNA-Wrestler Rob Van Dam sprach mit The Sun und sprach über TNA und WWE.

* TNA mehr mögen als WWE

Man, I love TNA! It’s a wonderful place to work. Something WWE never let me do were acting jobs, they turned them down for me. But now I’ m in a situation where I can do these things. WWE just didn’t see the potential of these opportunities and they really ruined my chances back then. I was in some very good places and they just blew it for me, by refusing point blank to negotiate anything. Whereas Dixie Carter lets us explore our possibilities and gives us that chance. Her philosophy is that our extended profile helps TNA enhance its own, and of course it does.

* Warum er zu TNA ging?

When my contract ended with the WWE, TNA tried to get me straight away but I said no. They had big plans for me, it seemed, and a spot in the Main Event Mafia was brought up. But I'm not, and never have been, one for sharing the spotlight. I prefer to be the star and in the limelight by myself.
    Plus WWE had really burned me out. My contract stated I'd be given breaks and they never gave them to me. They did that constantly and they probably wrecked the chances of many guys going back by treating the talent that way.
    Eric Bischoff called me, Dixie Carter called me, even Jason Hervey picked up the phone. But I said to myself that they were not serious because Hogan hadn't called yet. Then he did, I was doing my radio show and Hogan called in. The guy spent a half hour explaining on the air why I should join him in TNA. That was what got me here.

* mögliche Rückkehr zur WWE

Dixie is a real people person, she is what fuels TNA, we all feed of her enthusiasm for the company. She wants first hand connection with our fans. It’s so different to how Vince McMahon runs his company. At this stage of my career they take so much better care of me, than the WWE ever did at any point. I’d go as far as to say I mean more to TNA than I ever did in WWE.
    Fair play to anyone who does go back but, you know, I was so burned out and had so much trouble in my last year there that I just wanted away from that scenario. I couldn’t enjoy going out to the ring and doing my thing, it was killing me. My contract ended and I wanted out, they offered me a new one and I said no. I’m so happy being able to have the freedom at last to juggle my other projects and still go out each night and be the whole FN show.

- Die ehemalige mehrfache Frauenweltmeisterin Trish Stratus war bei Diva Dirt zu Gast und hatte einige Worte für Tough Enough und Snooki übrig.

* Wie sie zu Tough Enough kam?

I would say it was about the beginning of February I got this call, ‘Hey, we got this new show Tough Enough which you might have heard about. We want you to be the female trainer on the show’ and of course I was just absolutely honored to be asked. [...] At first they told me, ‘We can’t really tell you the details on who’s going to be involved yet’. I was like, ‘Hmm, well, last time I accepted a show and I didn’t know who was involved, I ended up working with Erik Estrada and Latoya Jackson, so I’d like to know please’. [Laughs] They told me ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin would be the host and I said, ‘I’m in’. And then Bill DeMott and Booker T [became involved] as well, so I was like ‘Oh absolutely’.

* Was brachte sie zu einer Rückkehr und der Storyline bei WrestleMania?

The opportunity came up to work with Lay-Cool which I’m so excited about. I mean they’ve done such great work. People love to hate them. As a fan, I’ve sat back and I’ve watched -- especially Layla -- [I've] watched them grow into these great workers. They’ve really come along, especially when you think about where both of their backgrounds are. They’ve put in the work to develop their characters. [...] I was a big fan of their work so to come back and work with them was a neat little opportunity.

* Arbeit mit Snooki

She’s so sweet. The first time I met her -- the first Raw -- she was just really excited to be there and really open minded and I love that when people come from other worlds and are just like, ‘Okay, what do you want me to do?’. Sometimes you get that resistance like, ‘Hmm, I don’t know if I could do that...’ and she was just totally into it.

- WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "King" Lawler wurde auf ScrippsNews zu seiner Storyline mit Michael Cole interviewt.

* Würde seine verstorbene Mutter es akzeptieren, in einer WWE-Storyline erwähnt zu werden?

Probably not, but I don't mean that in a bad way. My mom was never a wrestling fan. She worked for us for 20 years at the (Memphis) wrestling company, but all she did was sold advance tickets for us. She never stayed for the matches. She couldn't stand watching me wrestle. It made her too nervous. No matter what age, I was always her baby. She was worried about her son getting hurt.

* WrestleMania Match

Every single year it just seemed like something else would come up. I'd get pushed to the backburner or it just wasn't remembered. When 2009 and 2010 came and went with nothing there, I wasn't really expecting anything just because it was a situation where I thought the age thing was going to play a big factor.

* Match gegen Michael Cole und dessen Trainingsmangel

All I know is when I hit him, he's going down one way or the other whether he knows how to fall or not. In that respect, I don't think there's any way he can screw up.

nachzulesen bei Screwjob.de: Interviews mit RVD, Trish Stratus & Jerry Lawler